Tuesday 22 June 2010

RPM'S HR Manager On The Importance of HR

Why did you choose HR?
“What I like about HR, is that each day is different. Without sounding too dramatic, every day presents its own challenges so I do never have to do the same thing twice. I’d also like to show that HR is a positive thing and not associated with being in trouble as some assume!”

What makes a good HR Manager?
“Someone who is open, honest and approachable. If HR Managers aren’t easily accessible or friendly, people won’t find it easy to speak to them and any business is only as good as its work force; if they aren’t happy, the outcome can be negative for the business.”

How Do You Ensure People Are Content?
“I make sure I know everyone’s name, and take time to chat to each member of staff on a regular basis. If I have a meeting with someone, I’ll ensure that I stick to our brand promise and ‘Say & Do’, which means that if there’s every any issue again, they won’t hesitate to come to me. We also make a lot of effort to reward our staff for all their hard work. Last Friday for example, we held a football themed BBQ in the courtyard with drinks and grub to end the week on a high.”

What Makes A Good Office Environment?
“I do think RPM is one of the best office environments I’ve worked in. We have an open doors policy, and the MD and CEO attend each and every one of our events, supporting our staff and congratulating them on all their efforts. We’ve been voted well within the top 50 of the 100 Best Companies To Work For by The Sunday Times for five years, so we’re definitely doing something right!”

No comments:

Post a Comment